This massive beast is our flagship tube compressor and he kicks as hard as the strongest horse! Two linkable channels of slick vari-mu tube compression using vintage tubes, Lundahl & Edcor transformers, with circuitry quite similar to the Altec 436 Compressor along with added improvements. A full 5U panel of controls leaves you with huge options for all sorts of dynamics control. Push it hard and you get subtle overdrives and nicely rounded waveforms!
- All-tube balanced signal path with smooth overdrive tones and harmonics when pushed (more controlled than the Black Bottle due to negative feedback in the output stages)
- Large vintage meters for Gain Reduction & mini meters for Input/Output level
- Attack & Release controls with times of 4-120ms & 0.1-2s respectively
- Thump switch gives slower attack curve and Dual Rel. switch doubles the release time
- 6-step Sidechain High-Pass Filter for bass-heavy material
- Stepped Output Attenuators
- Stereo Link switch for use on a stereo buss (Ch.A Attack & Release become master)
- Transformer-balanced 600 ohm inputs and outputs on XLR sockets (outputs pre-loaded internally)
- 5U standard 19 inch rack case, 250mm deep including transformers at the rear
- Laser-cut green plexiglass panel with white painted engravings
- Optional panel backlight for live/FOH use
- Optional fast-acting “Transient Eye™” tube meters for input/output monitoring
- Fully stepped control version also available for easy recall
Please contact Vinny regarding the latest pricing and customised options for this product.